Peer review and feedback are an intrinsic part of our design practice. We use GitHub's pull-requests for code, but we've struggled to settle on an asynchronous workflow that our design teams could rely on for feedback.
The half a dozen tools and services we tried all failed to meet our quality and efficiency standards in one way or another. Since we're a team of developers and designers, we decided to take matters into our own hands and build something we'd enjoy to use.
To get started, we listed all the problems that we want to solve in our current workflow:
- Similar tools use a Web interface that's often confusing, buggy, and inaccessible.
- Poor integration with other design tools such as Sketch/Photoshop.
- Lack of integration with communication tools such as Slack/IRC.
- Lack of integration with version control and code review tools such as GitHub.
- Inefficient team/project management such as inability to add external users to a given project.
- Inconsistent notifications or obscure notification settings.
Our goal is to tackle these problems with the help of our users, and refine the solutions as we learn more about how other design teams work. We want to build a tool that fits our design workflow, not the other way around.
We're very excited to kick off this journey and we'd love to have you on board.